Australian Fishing Championships Battery World Competition 2018
1. Battery World Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 050 399 605) ('Battery World') are running an 'Australian Fishing Championships Competition' ('Competition') with the prize being a six (6) day fishing trip for two valued at $9,000.00 ('Prize').
2. The competition commences on 1 August 2018 at 00:01 (AEDT) and concludes on 1 December at 23:59 (AEDT) ('Competition Period').
3. To be eligible entrants must:
I. be a resident of Australia;
II. be over 18 years of age;
III. submit an valid and complete entry describing in 20 words or less 'what species you want to catch on top water;' and
IV. agree and comply with these 'Terms and Conditions.'
4. Neither employees of Battery World (or related entities) or their immediate families are eligible to enter the Competition.
5. There is one (1) prize to be won.
6. The Prize includes the following:
Day 1 Arrive
Business Class* Flights to Mackay x2
*Note some sectors may not offer business class.
Accommodation Mackay Twin Share
Day 2 Full Day Guided Inshore Fishing at Mackay with Lunch
Transport to Broken River Mountain Resort
Accommodation & Dinner Broken River Mountain Resort
Day 3 Full Day Guided Fishing Eungella Dam with Lunch
Accommodation & Dinner Broken River Mountain Resort
Day 4 Full Day Guided Fishing at either Teemburra or Kinchant Dam with Lunch
Transport to Teemburra or Kinchant Dam
Transport to Proserpine
Accommodation & Dinner Reef Garden Hotel Proserpine
Day 5 Full Day Guided Fishing at Proserpine Dam with Lunch
Accommodation & Dinner Reef Garden Hotel Proserpine
Day 6 Depart
Transport to Whitsunday Coast Airport
Business Class* Flights home x 2
*Note some sectors may not offer business class.
7. By entering the competition, entrants agree to their names being published on Battery World's website (www.batteryworld.com.au) and Facebook page and to be photographed and/or interviewed by a representative of Battery World Australia. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Battery World may use their names and photographs and/or recordings of interviews for publicity purposes.
8. Comprehensive travel insurance is required to be taken out by the winner prior to redemption of prize.
9. Flights, accommodation, insurance and meals (that are not stipulated as being part of the prize) as well as any other associated costs are at the winners expense.
10. Entry details will not be used for any other purpose other than for the purpose of this Competition and will not be passed on to third parties.
11. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
12. The winner will be chosen on 5th December 2018 at 10:00AM by the offices of Battery World (Spring Hill, Queensland). The winner will be announced at www.batteryworld.com.au and at the Australian Fishing Championships Facebook page on December 10 2018. Judges decision in final and no correspondence will be entered into. The major prize winner will be notified by phone and mail and published as per above.
13. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within five (5) working days the entrant will forfeit the prize with no right to compensation. Another entrant will be selected as the prize winner on the 19th December at 10:00AM.
14. By entering the competition, each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
15. Battery World may require winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age and/or proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at Battery World's sole discretion.
16. If for any reason, any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of Battery World. Battery World may in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
17. Battery World is the promoter and its offices are located at Level 3, 203 Wharf Street, Spring Hill, QLD 4000.
18. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible and disregarded. Unrecognised or incorrect emails will not be accepted. Entries that do not comply with the format requirement for entry will not be accepted.
19. Online entry is free however internet connection rates may apply.
20. Individuals are limited to one (1) entry and therefore it is their first valid and complete entry that will be included in the competition.
21. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time they are sent of uploaded. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
22. The winner is responsible for redeeming their prize prior to June 30th, 2019.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibilities if winner's preferred travel dates are not available.
24. Prize winners are advised that Tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the prize.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to state permit regulation. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process which as a result corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the competition.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries lost in transit or not received by the time of the draw due to technical disruptions or any other reason beyond the control of the Promoter.
28. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders it's determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to state legislation.
29. Battery World shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on telephone or network lines.
31. Prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of printing. All prize values are in Australian dollars unless where stipulated. The Promoter takes no responsibility, nor accepts any responsibility for any variation in prize values.
32. Battery World and all associated agencies will not be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
34. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter than that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
Christmas Marine Promotion - $20 WISH eGift Card
Battery World Marine Promotion
The Promoter is Battery World Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 91 050 399 605) of P.O. Box 608 Spring Hill, QLD 4004
Gift with purchase via online claim
Purchase period commences: 11/11/2018
Purchase period concludes: 23/12/2018, while stocks last of Participating Products.
Claim period commences: 09:00am AEST on 11/11/2018
Claim period concludes: 11:59pm AEST on 07/10/2019
Stores participating in the Promotion are Battery World stores Australia-wide.
The Promotion is only open to individuals aged 16 years or older who are residents of Australia, excluding any employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its associated companies/subsidiaries, Participating Stores and agencies or companies associated with this Promotion.
"Employees" means any directors, management, employees, concessionaries, consultants, officers and contractors or other such people who perform work under the control of another in exchange for payment.
The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Claimant in its absolute discretion.
Participating Products are any of the following batteries from the Century Marine Pro and Yuasa Seafarer range:
Item code: D23RM MFY, NS70M MFY, N70ZM MFY, D23RM MFC, NS70M MFC and N70ZM MFC.
How to Participate
To participate in the promotion and claim a Gift, an Eligible Claimant must:
(a) during the Purchase Period, purchase any Participating Product from a Participating Store ("QualifyingPurchase") and collect their invoice/receipt; then
(b) during the Claim Period, visit www.batteryworldrewards.com.au using a compatible browser and full complete and submit the online claim form, providing all details required, including but not limited to:
i. any requested personal information;
ii. the Participating Product item code purchased from the drop-down lists provided;
iii. the invoice/receipt from the Qualifying Purchase;
iv. uploading an image of the Qualifying Purchase receipt; and
v. their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The Qualifying purchase receipt provided must clearly specify:
- the Participating Product/s purchased;
- the Participating Store of purchase;
- the purchase date;
- the receipt number/transaction number; and
- that payment for the Qualifying Purchase has been received in full.
If the Qualifying Purchase receipt is missing any of the above information or is illegible or indecipherable it will render the claim invalid. The Promoter is not responsible if an Eligible Claimant's mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting a claim, including having the requisite photograph capability.
If the Eligible Claimant complies with steps (a)-(b) above and their claim is deemed valid:
(a) The Eligible Claimant will receive a Gift activation email containing a link and a unique code to their email address provided on the online claim form.
(b) The Eligible Claimant must then access the link in the Gift activation email, enter their unique code and follow the prompts. This must be completed within 30 calendar days from the date that the Gift activation email was sent, otherwise the claimant will forfeit the Gift.
(c) Once the Eligible Claimant redeems their Gift in accordance with clause (b) above, they will receive their Gift to their nominated email address within two (2) business days, with instructions on how the Eligible Claimant can use their Gift (see "Gift" clauses below).
Required Verification/Proof of Purchase
If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Claimant must produce, within the time requested by the promoter at its absolute discretion, appropriate photo identification or other documentation required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, employment, residency, eligibility to participate in the Promotion and claim a Gift card and compliance with these Terms and Conditions, and/or their Qualifying Purchase receipt that is identical to the receipt uploaded with their claim.
Validation & Notification
All claims submitted in the Promotion will be reviewed by a representative of the Promoter.
If a claim is deemed valid, the steps in the "How to Participate" section above will take place in relation to receiving a Gift.
If a claim is deemed invalid, the claimant will receive an on-screen or email notification and will not be able to proceed with the claim process.
Each Gift is a $20 Woolworths WISH Digital gift card -
Digital gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer, see link above.
Digital gift cards are valid for a minimum of six (6) months from the date of issue or when the entire value has been exhausted, whichever occurs first. At expiry, any remaining available balance will be forfeited.
Gifts claimed in this Promotion are for personal use and must not be used for commercial purposes.
Limit one (1) per Participating Product purchased, provided that each claim is submitted separately in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Information about Gifts and how to claim, the details above and the following clauses collectively form the terms and conditions of this Promotion ("Terms and Conditions").
- Each claimant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with these Terms and Conditions at the time of participation. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter's decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to a claimant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of these Terms and Conditions and the Promotion are final and binding on every person who participates. No correspondence will be entered into.
- This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- Value stated in these Terms and Conditions are in AUD/RRP/including GST.
- Claimants can only participate in the Promotion in their own name. Claimants who enter using multiple aliases (e.g. multiple names, addresses and/or email addresses) will be disqualified.
- All claimants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of a person's ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded a Gift to the ineligible person. Payment of the Gift value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or incorrect claims will be deemed invalid. Claimants are responsible for ensuring their correct personal details are provided and any updated details are notified to the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility should an Eligible Claimant fail to receive their Gift because of a failure to notify the Promoter of correct details or of a change to their details, or for providing invalid information.
- Claims are deemed to be received at the time of the receipt into the Promoter's database, not time of transmission by the claimant.
- The Promoter does not warrant that the claim mechanism will be available, or the Participating Stores will be open, at all times during the Promotion Period.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any undelivered emails due to a claimant's spam filter or email settings.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for a Gift being lost, deleted, stolen, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches an Eligible Claimant or after rit has been released to an Eligible Claimant.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion of Gift provider's website, or associated with redeeming a Gift are the Eligible Claimant's responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Claimants must submit their claim manually using a compatible internet browser. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically submit claims in the Promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted using such means invalid.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, declare any claim or claimant invalid if the claimant:
(a) disrupts, annoys, abuses, threatens, harasses or attempts to do any of these things to the Promoter, another claimant or potential claimant of, or anyone else associated with, this Promotion;
(b) submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the claim process; or
(c) engages in conduct in relation to this Promotion which is misleading, deceptive, fraudulent or damaging to the Promoter's goodwill or reputation.
- If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- As a condition of claiming a Gift, the claimant may be required to (at the Promoter's discretion) sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Gift suppliers in their absolute discretion.
- Gift must be taken as offered and may not be varied. Gifts are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If a Gift is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another gift of equal or greater value for that Gift, or element of it.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, the Promoter's related entities, the Participating Stores and all agencies associated with the Promotion (including their officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Gift value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability/implications incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of a Gift.
(a) Promoter, the Promoter's related entities, the Participating Stores and all agencies associated with the Promotion; and
(b) the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in this clause,
shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Promotion or acceptance of a Gift, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extend allowable by law).
- Eligible Claimants must, at the Promoter's request, participate in any Promotion activity (such as publicity and photography) relating to participating in the Promotion, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in any future promotional material.
- CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to refer the matter to law enforcement authorities and/or to seek damages or such other civil remedies as the Promoter may determine from time to time to the fullest extent by permitted law.
- Immediately upon submission by a claimant, their claim/s become the sole property of the Promoter.
- All information claimants provide ("Personal Information") will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this Promotion and awarding Gifts.
- The Promoter may disclose claimants' Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion and as required, Australian regulatory authorities.
OPTING-IN TO HEAR FROM THE PROMOTER
- Should a claimant consent to receiving future information from the Promoter, via placing a tick in the 'opt in' box featured on the Promotion claim site, information provided by the claimant may be entered into a database and used by the Promoter, the Promoter's related entities and agencies engaged by the Promoter, for the Promoter's current and future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them. Should a claimant who elects to opt in wish to opt out or access or update their information held by the Promoter at any time, they can contact the Promoter as per clause 26.
(a) how a claimant may access Personal Information that is held by the Promoter and seek correction of such information; and
(b) how a claimant may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or registered privacy code that binds the Promoter, and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
- The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012) or equivalent as amended from.
24 Hour Roadside Battery Assistance
Roadside replacement may not be available if further than 8km from a Battery World store. Cost of replacement battery and delivery will be quoted beforehand. Battery World endeavours to supply and fit replacement batteries in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer requirements if a suitable battery is not available a temporary battery may be fitted.
Smartphone Battery Replacement
^Not all franchisees offer to fit Smartphone batteries; this service is subject to the Battery World store location.
Free Fitting Offer
Fitting service only available for batteries purchased from Battery World and during business hours in store only. For particular vehicles, battery fitting service is not available and/or fees may apply. Please seek advice from your local store.
Aside from Century Yuasa, Battery World is not associated or affiliated with the companies whose products are advertised in this promotion. Any brand names, trademarks and copyrights in association with these companies are for identification purposes only and are the property of their respective owners. Fleet pricing, other discounts or special offers may not be used in conjunction with the pricing on offer in this promotion.
Best of Batteryology Contest
Prize package includes one (1) $1000 VISA Gift Card. Entries open 16/10/18 at 6:00am AEST and close 31/10/18 at 11:59pm AEST. Limit three (3) entries per person. A winner will be selected by Battery World Australia and announced by Battery World Australia on Facebook 06/11/18 and contacted via Facebook. The judge’s decision is final. Upon entering this contest the entrant grants Battery World Australia rights to use the images, videos or creative work, and gives Battery World Australia the rights to use the images, videos or creative work for advertising and promotional purposes. Conditions of entry: Submit a short video or series of images alongside a brief description in a comment attached to the promotional video on Facebook. Entries submitted that do not meet these requirements will be deemed invalid. Must be an Australian resident, aged 18 years or over to enter. This promotion is authorised by Battery World Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 050 399 605). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.