Battery World Returns Policy
All refund rights under both State and Commonwealth law apply.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under the policy and our obligations to you.
When you change your mind
- At Battery World you have 30 days to return your items for a full refund or exchange as long as it is returned in a saleable condition with original proof of purchase. The refund will be provided using your original payment method.
- By saleable condition we mean that the item hasn’t been opened or used, is still in its original packaging and all manuals, packaging and accessories are included.
If you can’t provide proof of purchase, you may provide a bank statement which shows the transaction or a photo of the receipt. Your proof of purchase may be available in store. In the event that there is no way to determine that the product was purchased from the selected Battery World store, it will be at that stores discretion as to whether they provide a refund or replacement.
Excluded change of mind items
The following items cannot be returned if you change your mind:
Any installed Batteries such as:
- watch batteries
- mobile phone batteries
- some car, boat, motorbike and truck batteries
- dual battery set ups as well as;
- Installed fuses, cables and other accessories
Battery World will accept returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund (refund will be provided using original payment method) or repair where:
- The item is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The item is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present a receipt or other adequate proof of purchase
In some instances, Battery World may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. We reserve the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Please be aware that data (including, but not limited to, images, music, pre-set settings and video) may be lost during the repair process of electrical and electronic products.
Proof of Purchase
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- Original register receipt
- Online Tax Invoice
- Financial Statement (i.e bank statement, credit card statement)
Returning of products and shipping
Due to the nature of the products we sell, shipping your return is not possible. You may need to return the product in question to the place of purchase or your local Battery World store. This also includes if your product or order was delivered to you, you will need to make your way into your local Battery World store for all returns and refunds.
In some instances if you are unable to get to the store, the store can come to you, however there may be a call out fee that will apply. Please contact your local store for more detail.
You will be asked for information that is relevant to your return or to satisfy legislative requirement. If you do not provide this information, then we may be unable to process your return. When returning merchandise with proof of purchase, you will be asked for your signature as authorisation of the return transaction. If a Battery World store agrees to a return without adequate proof of purchase, it will be at their own discretion and you may be asked to provide identification containing your full name.